Thursday, April 3, 2008

Shot down

Its only been a week since the final exams ended. I feel the summer heat but not the break. It seems that my work spills over the months of April and May since I need to finish my OJT. I was supposed to apply for the laboratory inside our school, PIPAC (Philippine Insitute of Pure and Applied Chemistry), along with some friends but it seems the job descripion didn't fit the standards of JG-SOM. They shot down our application and all our hard work, patience and effort turned to dust. What's worse is that we only realized this a bit too late. We didn't even know that we were supposed to submit a written job description just to get their final approval. I should have used the past week to look for jobs... But after such an exhausting week, who in their right mind would look for more work? Regrets... regrets...

Well, I need to look for an OJT as soon as possible. But there is still hope. My senior blockmate said that, last summer most of them applied even after March and still got an OJT. I just need to be persistent enough and go to the company offices themselves and not rely on websites and job applications. But I need to move fast. It's only April 3 and it feels like time is ticking away fast. So much for my plan to get two OJTs. It's already bad enough to get one. What more if there are two? Kind of makes me realize and appreciate the trouble some people go to just to get a job.

No comments: