Friday, April 4, 2008

Suffering from thermal shock

It's summer again and with the continuous problem of global warming the temperature reaches abnormally high levels. The heat from the midday sun is so extreme that I can feel the radiation piercing through my skin like thousands of hot needles. This is the reason why I don't go out much and if I need to, I plan my trip well as to avoid as much sun as I can. I'm thankful I don't have any summer classes this time. Two years ago, the heat was tolerable but now, I don't think I can stand being under the sun for more than ten minutes. Yes, it's that bad. That's how much the weather has changed in just a span of two years. These coming months, I'm troubling myself with my OJT instead of academic classes.

Going from company to company is already very tiring and it's much more irritating when the summer heat is involved. The worst part is that some establishments are fighting the heat the best way they know how - by turning on the air conditioners at full power. This means that inside of an office is colder than the north pole while the city streets outside are hotter than hell. Going in and out of these places with temperatures of opposite extremes can easily shock the body. A person isn't able to adjust quick enough to the sudden changes in temperature. I don't know about the others but when that happens to me, I usually get migraines and suffer from major headaches. I still have a couple more of companies to visit. I hope I get an OJT soon and I survive the terrible summer days ahead.

No comments: