Saturday, March 29, 2008

Never say goodbye

It's 11:20am. In a few hours, the entire MAC block will receive their diplomas and will be saying their final goodbyes to the school but hopefully not to each other. I wish I could be there during their graduation ceremony but I don't think I can handle being there without crying *sob*. Some of them are planning to migrate abroad and pursue employment while some have no immediate plans at all. Facing the world without a predetermined direction is a scary thought after all.

Surely the coming semesters will be entirely different for me. The things I got used to will never be there again. All those moments of laughter and tears will be things of the past. They will be mere shards of our memories. Yes, time is cruel. It is beyond our control. Things move on but it is the temporary nature of these moments that humble us and prevent us from taking our friends for granted.

Congratulations to MAC QQ 2008. Thanks for taking me in as one of your own. Good luck and keep in touch!

No comments: