Tuesday, October 27, 2009

White Forest Cake

Presenting the White Forest Cake, the latest creation of Red Ribbon. Honestly, using white chocolate on cakes never entered my mind so this is really an innovative concept. I'm a big fan of white chocolate so this product is a must-try.

Since white chocolate has more milk and sugar than cocoa, the bitter-sweet taste is absent. This enhances the taste of the cherry jam lining the layers of fluffy chiffon cake. The cherry flavor penetrates deep inside the entire pastry. To be honest, the strong fruity taste slightly overpowers the milk chocolate. I'm not sure if milk chocolate is really weaker compared to its dark counterpart or if my taste buds are just indiscriminate to this kind of taste. It seems that the creamy characteristic milk chocolate is supposed to have is not that noticeable. I'm still impressed though, since the cake's concept is innovative and its cherry flavor achieves my standards of taste intensity. Cheers to Red Ribbon!

No comments: