Sunday, October 4, 2009

Signature Chocolate - Starbucks

As you may have already noticed, I've been blogging a lot about chocolate drinks. I'm actually in search of the ideal cocoa beverage. One that has real chocolate taste yet at the same time has the perfect balance of creaminess and sweetness. Now, the Signature Chocolate of Starbucks is under the spotlight.

The first noticeable characteristic was its strong bitter-sweet cocoa taste. I strongly believe that the beverage was not tainted with sugar or any dairy products. Sure, it has whipped cream on top but it did not compromise the original flavor. The chocolate was so pure that I felt like I was drinking a water-diluted Hershey Cocoa Powder Mix, the type used for baking. I'll give Starbucks major credit for the authentic cocoa taste but the lack of milk and creamer leaves the texture of the beverage thin. The richness of its overall flavor did not meet my expectations. As for the price, the product gives you more value for your money. At Php 115 for a tall cup, it certainly beats the small-sized drink of Cafe Xocolat, which also has the same price.

No comments: