Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nestle Premium (and a Glimps of My Fridge)

Welcome to... my fridge. As you can see I tend to try out a lot of beverages in the market from coffees to vodkas (see background). But for now, I'll be reviewing Nestle's Chocolate Pleasure. For starters, it is a commercial-grade chocolate drink, meaning it is readily available in supermarkets. This type of ready-to-drink beverage is trickier to keep around the house compared to its dehydrated, powder counterparts. It needs constant refrigeration and has a shorter shelf life so watch out for those expiration dates.

As for the taste, it has a very creamy texture. The drink is composed of more milk than chocolate. But I guess that is no mystery. After all, the product's name is Nestle Premium Dairy. It has a moderately sweet chocolate aroma. The kind of scent reminiscent of Magnolia's Chocolait. The aftertaste of the drink is similar to that of milk, instead of the usual bitter-sweet essence. However, after consuming an entire serving, it leaves my lips and throat quite dry. I have no idea what causes that effect and I'm not sure if it only happens to me. It could be the rich dairy ingredient but I cannot be certain.

No comments: