Sunday, November 11, 2007

Yes! All this for a dumb class schedule

I only post stuff here for two reasons. The first one being if I want to share something interesting that has happened. Another if I simply want to rant away my angsts and anger. Since today was an uneventful day, you can guess what this post will be all about.

Last semester, the registrar approved my enlistment with conflicting classes. I can easily let that mistake go since it was partly my fault for not rechecking my schedule. I was able to fix it immediately with minor setbacks on my part. I learned from that experience. But did they? Noooooo. Of course not. I sent them a complaint email last semester about the incident and they didn't listen! Believe it or not the registrar's office fucked up big time again!

A few hours after everyone has finished their enlistment, they changed the class schedule again at the last minute! Now I have a chemistry class in conflict with my philosophy class. No way in hell I'm giving up my philo class. There are no more alternatives available. It's either they change the schedule back to the way it was or I won't take the chem class this semester.

Students who fall victims to the incompetence of our schools services have all the right to be angry at them. A lot of law-abiding students try to be perfect. Is this what they get in exchange? A system that makes their lives more complicated than it already is? School authorities hunt down those who slightly deviate from the norm and unfortunately treat them like common criminals complete with alienation, public humiliation, monetary fines and punishment. So why can't we treat those who screwed up the same way? They show that all mistakes no matter how small should be disciplined. Then maybe it's about time that the employees too should be disciplined.

Most if not all people will say, "It's just a minor mistake and should be let go." or "You're just exaggerating again." or "Hmpf. Another emo post" or "All this for a dumb schedule?"

Well let me tell you something. It's not the first time somebody snapped because of a screwed up school system. Remember the Virgina Tech Shooting? Or the famous Columbine High School Massacre? Those were just examples of cases where the people were simply ignored and put aside. And when they respond with a hail of bullets, then the world begins to stop and ask itself, "Where did we go wrong?" I'd like to slap the world in the face and say, "Wake up you moron. It's right there." The problem was already in front of their faces and yet they persisted to ignore its growing magnitude. Maybe a lot of people are really dumb enough not to listen to others and the only way to make them get to their senses is through violence. It's the only thing they'll listen to.

Maybe the murderous teenagers weren't criminals after all. Maybe they were just victims of a corrupt and faulty system not only of the school but of society as well. The souls of the people they killed were retribution for society's crimes.

COLUMBINE... NEVER FORGET

No comments: