Thursday, November 15, 2007

First days

First days of school. Break is over and it's back to work. I don't mind going back to school at all. The schedule's been fixed in my favor (and it should be!) . But I guess the most frustrating part of the first days of school is the hunt for books and handouts. I haven't bartered this much and this desperately before in my entire student career. A lot of the books I need have been borrowed and I have also been renting books to the lower class men. I just hope I remember all of the things I have borrowed and lent.

Aside from bartering, I've been (and I guess a lot of students too) breaking the copyright rules (what am I saying?!) by photocopying the handouts for our classes. So many readings, so few xerox machines to exploit. Not to mention so little time. The ORP (Office of Research and Publications) has recently banned the teachers from duplicating reading materials. If readings are needed, then the we, the students, have to photocopy the master copies ourselves. Those Pilates! They're white-washing themselves again so the blame for copyright infringement will be on our heads! That means double work for all of us. I guess this explains why a lot of they're graduates turn out to be assholes. Hey, don't blame us for the illegal mass duplication of the handouts and books.

Anyways, this is like fighting city hall. Whining does no good. Just blindly comply to the "Big Brother"

No comments: