Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Familiarity


Now I know why the entire concept of Cream-O Deluxe looked so familiar. URC based it on the Dewberry Cookies. If you look closely, both snacks have the same "spiral" groove design on the biscuits. They also have a central topping. The only difference is that Cream-O Deluxe has dark chocolate biscuits and that it has a fudge topping. Dewberry, on the other hand, has a vanilla-cream cookie and a fruit-flavored jelly topping. Come to think of it, with the addition of the fudge and fruit jelly topping, the two snacks can be classified as tarts instead of sandwich cookies.

Dewberry's concept is a fusion of fruit and biscuits. And I must say that the developers of the brand did a good job in combining the two flavors. The cookies are addictive since it felt like I was eating cakes and pies instead of ordinary cookies. I remember buying an entire box of the strawberry variety and finishing two to three packs a day. I haven't bought another pack ever since, bi I guess I can control my addiction now. I haven't tasted the "Peaches and Cream" flavor yet. I should try it out sometime.

No comments: