Tuesday, November 24, 2009

From Circles to Rectangles

The Cream-O brand is normally associated with the cream-filled cookies. It is the favorite Filipino cookie of many local consumers. So I was really surprised when I saw a Cream-O wafer bar at Cafe Azul. It was the first and probably the only time I saw such a variety. I just had to purchase this rare product.

Among all the snacks I've reviewed, this has got to be the most mysterious. It's the most elusive item in the market. I've been browsing through different supermarkets around the city and this snack simply cannot be found. When I returned to Cafe Azul, their stock was not replenished. Apparently, I already bought the last wafer bar at that time. I'm not sure if this is a new product of URC, a limited promo or if the company intentionally produced a small quantity. Aside from its rarity, it is a "clone" or duplicate of URC's Hello Wafer product line. At first I thought it was like a cookie-wafer bar combination with a new rectangular shape. It turns out that it was no different from the Hello wafer bars in terms of its texture, appearance and content. Is URC planning to replace their Hello product line permanently? Why are there no Cream-O wafers in the supermarkets? Is this product simply experimental? The mystery continues...

No comments: