Thursday, September 17, 2009

URC's Answer to Rebisco

Shortly after Rebisco released its Extreme Choco Sandwich into the market, URC (Universal Robina Corporation) countered with its own version of chocolate-infused crackers. Using their sandwich product line, Magic Creams, the company created a chocolate cream filled variety with choco coating. URC is notorious for having quick answers to almost anything their competitors can throw at them. The aggressive nature of this manufacturing giant makes them a formidable rival in the industry. URC may have the edge in market performance, but what about the all important taste of the product? Unfortunately, I'll have to put this question on hold for now because I haven't tasted Magic Choco Coated Creams yet. But from the looks of the product, I think I can predict that Magic is less intense than Rebisco Extreme. The crackers are plain and don't have chocolate flavor. It also looks like there are no chocolate sprinkles. Maybe it compensates with its thick coating? I'm not sure. I'll have to buy one on my next visit to the supermarket to find out.

No comments: