Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Final Fantasy 6 Hooray!!


Since I was a kid I've been a big fan of video games. I could play nonstop for more than five hours and not get tired. Ever since Sony has released it's new CD and DVD games console, I've been addicted to playing PlayStation. This radical switch to disk games with 3D graphics and realistic environments was such a mind-blowing experience. It was so overwhelming that I forgot how good the classic 2D games were. And I only realized this when I started playing the "Lost" Final Fantasy series revived on the GBA SP console.

Just 3 weeks ago I bought a Final Fantasy VI Advance for GBA. I was really choosing between Dawn of Souls (FF I & II) and FF Tactics Advance. Like any self-respecting gamer, I consult online reviews to help me make my decision. Tactics had poor feedback from consumers while the price of Dawn of Souls was too steep for my budget. I made a sudden decision and bought FF VI. It was cheaper by P150 but when I played it, it was worth more than what I paid for. The review I read on this game was right. The whole game is worth more than 50 hours of play time. And with the many twists on its plot and unlockable secrets, you will surely want to replay the game. I can say that FF VI Advance is one of the games that kept me from putting down my GBA SP. I'm not an authority when it comes to video games but I highly recommend this game to those who would like to get their money's worth. For a 2D game, FF IV really blew me away.

Now I wonder how the other Final Fantasy series would measure up? I sure would like to collect them all!

No comments: