Tuesday, January 22, 2008

OJT! Oh No!

Ever since the week began, the entire block has been preparing their resumes, transcripts and recommendation letters for summer internship (OJT). I never realized how much work it was. I've been getting pamphlets, calling cards and have been handing out resumes like crazy to companies and . I'm not even sure if they'll even take time to read it. And to think I've been going to only one job fair. What more if there are a lot of them? During these moments, it pays to have a lot of friends and contacts because it's every man for himself. If you're too slow to respond, you'll surely be left behind. The department really doesn't give that much announcements and guidelines. Sometimes, you'll just be overwhelmed by how much details you've been missing and you ask yourself, "How long have I been sleeping?" I guess this style really prepares us for the real world. Nobody's gonna watch your back for you. I know that there should be another job fair in UP soon. I'll have to keep my eyes and ears open for any updates.

No comments: