Monday, June 9, 2008

New EEEPC units are here!

I went to SM Mega Mall last night and two laptop computers caught my attention. At first I wondered why this Asus EEEPC had a different webcam design on top of it's screen. Upon closer inspection, it turned out that it was the new EEE 900 series. I really didn't think that it would arrive here in Manila so soon... actually, I didn't think that it would arrive at all. This series has a 9-inch (8.9 to be exact) LCD, maximizing all the available space of the laptop. Unlike its 700 series counterparts, it doesn't have any speakers next to the display so I'm still wondering where the audio output hardware is. From what I know so far, it has 1GB RAM and the storage capacity can go from 12GB to 20GB. Awesome!

http://technience.com



Sitting next to the EEE 900 display is the EEE PC 8G. It looks exactkly like the 4G and the 2G only it has more memory. It has up to 1GB RAM and the storage capacity is up to 8BG. It's more sensible than the 4G because there are more applications that you can install and there are less chances that the processing speeds will slow down due to lack of disk space.

As for the pricing, the EEE 900 is currently sold at around P25K. That's way too much for my budget. The EEE 8G, on the other hand, is at P18k to P20K. Hopefully, the prices will drop as soon as the market is flooded with more supplies of the EEEPC units.

No comments: